Monday, 31 May 2010

Greetings from Morocco

Well the wedding is now over after I became a Mrs on 14th May and today I will be flying back from honeymoon. It is sad to have all this excitement in my personal life coming to an end but on the positive side I am looking forward to refocusing my energies on my writing!

The wedding seems to have been the prime cause of distraction, who would have anticipated that a wedding could involve so much work! Nevertheless I have enjoyed it, I felt like JLo in The Wedding Planner and have had lists and itineraries coming out my ears.

In amongst all this glee and panic I have had some exciting news- I have had a short story accepted by Flax which will be included in their latest anthology. I could not stop grinning when I got the news as this is my first fiction success. The anthology launch is on 30th June and I will be posting more details shortly.

I will say goodbye from Morocco for now and will post again soon xx

1 comment:

Lee Hughes said...

Congrats on the wedding and the fiction acceptence. Especially to get it a couple of days after getting wed. That happened to me last year, 2 days after the wedding sold my first piece to an anthology too. The old bread knife said, "You weren't that happy on our wedding day!" lol