Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Marked Progress

So it has been a little while since my last blog and it is good to know that it is because I have been busy writing. Surely that is the best reason for a lacking blog on my writer's blog??!

Writing Pictures, Images and Photos

So looking over my 'current projects' from my previous I can contently say that I have done them all! Success and cheers! Of course number one is kind of an ongoing project.

After reading through numerous magazines (for research purposes) I did a short story for Take A Break which I am now waiting to hear back on. Fingers crossed. Because of the research I was able to write a story that I knew would fit in with their magazine and I sent it away with some hope.

I do not want to get my hopes up too high at the moment but it is a good feeling to be sending work out knowing that there is a chance of publication.

Once I had sent out that short story I struggled to flush it from my mind. Not to mention the manuscript of the memoir I am waiting on. My solution- research a different magazine and submit a short story to them!

I had several copies of Woman's Weekly which I read from cover to cover (including the adverts- a little hint I read in Della Galton's How to Write and Sell Short Stories). Then, feeling inspired and with a good feel for the readership I did a short story aimed at Woman's Weekly.

The submission to Woman's Weekly was posted today.

So that's two short story submissions since my last post. I feel all warm and glowing with pride. Now I just have to await the outcome which could be 4-6 and, in the case of Woman's Weekly, 16 weeks!
Smiley Cat Pictures, Images and Photos

How am I going to keep myself busy and not keep thinking about my current submissions? Well I plan to submit something else of course.

I do feel I have made real improvements on my short story writing and I partly must thank Della Galton. There were a few key aspects of submitting to magazines that I had not previously came across. Hopefully the proof in my improvement will be in the form of an acceptance.

Fingers crossed!
fingers crossed Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: